Friday, July 29, 2011

My good friend the lime




I love any cocktail with lime in it. Margaritas, mojitos, caipiriñas, and of course the pisco sour. For those who don’t know, pisco sours are a cocktail typical to Peru. It has lime, pisco (liquor from Peru), egg whites, simple syrup, and bitters. Actually Chile says it invented the drink but since I first tried it in Peru a year and a half ago, I’m convinced its Peruvian. I also tried to make it for friends but was too afraid of killing them with raw egg whites that I didn’t add them so of course it didn’t taste the same.

Today, we went to a Peruvian seafood place for lunch and of course I paid a visit to my old friend. Just as tasty as I remembered it.

Now when I say I like any cocktail with lime, I’m not kidding. When I feel a drink is missing something, a splash of lime makes it all better. Sometimes when I’m at a bar, I ask the bartender to just make something up, which I just realized must be extra annoying for them, oops. Every once in a while its good, mostly its boring or bad. However for Kelley's birthday, we went out and I asked the bartender to make us something with lime and coconut rum (another of our favorites) and it was divine! Haven’t tried to recreate it at home yet but it’s a must for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment