Thursday, August 11, 2011

Grilling Take 2


This is my second attempt at grilling and it was a lot more flavorful. First for a drink, I made strawberry lemonade. It is just juiced lemons, strawberries that were run through the blender, sugar and water. I added the juice of one lime because I thought it needed a little more of an acidic kick to it. Now for the actual grilling, I am still intimidated by the grill, I'm afraid of catching on fire which I imagine to be highly unpleasant. My dad refuses to help, but that is more because it's amusing to see me jump away from the grill than him trying to teach me a lesson.

For the main event we had this lovely spread. I admit my dad grill the steaks. I'm kind of scared to try to cook them myself, even back in the apartment that was Kelley's domain. It may be something I need to work on... Anyways the asparagus was quickly grilled until it was green but still had a little crunch to it and then dressed with lemon, olive oil, and some amazing aged parmesean. The onions were grilled with butter, garlic, and spices in foil and possibly could've used longer than 15 min to cook but oh well. Finally we had biscuits from a tube because really they are so flaky and wonderful that my biscuits can't compete.

No comments:

Post a Comment