Sunday, September 11, 2011

Italian obsession 2: espresso

In the last post I told you about my love of wine, well here is my other Italian obsession: espresso. When I came back to the states and moved into my new apartment, this was one of my first purchases. Admittedly I make more of a strong cup of coffee than a little shot of espresso. I fill it completely with water but only use half of the ground coffee it can take. There is something so much more special about using this little espresso maker than a big clunky coffee machine.
Also it just works cooler. The water is filled in the bottom, then the middle piece (which was little whole on the bottom) is filled with the ground beans and finally the top is screwed on. When the water on the bottom is heated it turns into steam, goes up through the middle, and ends up in the top all lovely and ready to drink.


Espresso in Italy, actually after a wine tasting. Now let me tell you that was one of the best meals I have ever had. I'll save that story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment