Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tortilla Soup

I adore tortilla soup. Actually I adore anything tortilla even the blog is even named after tortillas. So of course a soup version is truly a favorite of mine and probably the only way I'll eat avocado besides guacamole. This summer especially it was all I wanted to eat. Here is my version and I'm really happy with how it turned out. Full of flavor, a little kick, and not too heavy.

I sauteed onions and orange bell pepper then added a little flour and let it cook down a bit (to thicken the stock usually cream is used so do whatever floats your boat). Then added fire roasted tomatoes, chicken stock, cumin, paprika, and red pepper flakes. After letting it simmer for a while, I blended it, returned it to the stove and added the already cooked chicken. Finally topped it with crispy tortillas, avocado, and quesillo.


No comments:

Post a Comment