Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Desert for Breakfast



When I was younger, I used to convince my parents to let me eat ice cream and frenchfries for breakfast on special occasions. Now this first came to be on the last day we were renting a condo in Sedona and all that was left in our kitchen were of course frenchfries and ice cream (the best of both worlds). Ever since I would fantasize about this dream combo which was usually reserved for birthdays or perhaps the first day of school (to lesson the blow). Its this memory that always pops into my head whenever I eat anything desert-like for breakfast. Today was a pumpkin bread that I made from leftover canned pumpkin from my risotto attempt. Although instead of nuts I added candied ginger and doubled the amount of spices. Delicious! So moist and pumpkin-y, proof that desert for breakfast is always a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment