Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Veggie "Burger"

Veggie burgers have a bad reputation and unfortunately most people won't even try them, but when done right they are absolutely delicious. This was delicious but kind of lacked the whole burger thing...


I chose this recipe because it looked simple but I should've known the patty wasn't going to hold when there was no egg or other binder in the recipe. I also probably didn't mash the ingredients together enough. So instead of a veggie burger, I had a quinoa and black bean mix (I added extra cumin because the recipe's amount wasn't enough). The plan was to put the patty on a whole wheat muffin with a feta and roasted tomato mix but since the burger disintegrated it became more like two toasts with toppings. It was actually really tasty just not exactly the end result I was hoping for.

The side was asparagus cooked quickly in a pan (no oil or anything) until bright green then drizzled with olive oil and some grated Parmesan cheese. It really doesn't need anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment