Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Killer Carrot Cake

While at Andrea's, we decided we wanted desert. Well I love to raid people's kitchens and see what concoction to make. I decided on carrot cake with brown sugar frosting. Well it was three of us who had some slices of cake and we all started out as happy young ladies, excited for our little treat. Well as we kept going the sugar began to hit. I made the entire recipe of frosting and used it all on the cake, bad idea. It was way too much sugar and we soon began to crash. It was a delicious cake, but there was too much sugar, don't make the same mistake.


As for the recipes, since it was "pantry leftover" kind of baking I made some changes.
For the cake:
1. We didn't have whole wheat flour so we used the same amount of all purpose flour.
2. I read the recipe wrong and thought the cream cheese was for the cake and since we didn't have any, I added the same amount of vanilla yogurt into the batter. It was actually a great mistake since the cake ended up nice and moist.
3. We didn't add nuts
For the frosting:
1. we didn't have powdered sugar so we used normal sugar, but I would recomend using powdered if possible
2. I added like 1 tsp of vanilla extract
3. We made the entire batch but really only make half of the frosting recipe, unless you like sugar comas, in that case go ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment