Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wine Tasting


Earlier in the year a bunch of my friends and I went wine tasting at Chateau Morrisette one foggy Saturday morning. I was pleasantly surprised in several ways.
1. Virginia wines can be good. Who knew?
2. I preferred the white wines. I know I have always been more of a red wine lady but these white wines were the perfect balance between, crisp, sweet, and refreshing.
3. Apparently you can make wine out of berries other than grapes. The last tasting was of a blackberry wine and although I'm usually not a fan of desert wine, the tartness of the blackberries made the sweetness more delicious than cloyingly sweet.



Well this little blast from the past was brought on because tonight my friend and I enjoyed a little wine from Chateau Morrisette while doing homework. This was the Sweet Mountain Laurel and I admit I liked the Vidal Blanc better but this was already chilled at Kroger so well it had to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment