Sunday, October 10, 2010

Corn Fritters and Brown Sugar Butternut Squash

So I had two recipes I wanted to try. They didn't really go together, but really when has that stopped me.

I have never cooked butternut squash and realized a veg peeler would have been wonderful to have. Instead I had to grate the poor squash for a long time and finally got rid of all the peel (took a great deal of effort). I covered the squash in butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, pinch of salt, and orange juice then cooked it in the over. Tasty but needed some more spices (next time).

The corn fritters were really good, I would make them again. Its a mixture of cheese, onions, flour, an egg, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Unfortunately they broke apart a little but still yummy especially with tomatoes on top :)

It was an odd combination in the end but a good dinner in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment