Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hump Day Treat

I've been craving chocolate all day and have been waiting to try a new cookie idea, so the two collided today to make some hump day treats.

A couple of weeks ago I came up with an idea to soak craisins in some wine and put them in a chocolate cookie. Well at the store, I saw dried cherries and thought that was even better. I soaked maybe 2/3 of a cup of dried cherries and then added them to half of the chocolate cookie dough (if my idea turned out to be a fail, I still needed to satisfy my chocolate cravings so I had backupcookies).

The cookies are amazing. Perfect chocolaty cookies. The cherries were not that amazing in the cookie but I think it was more of a texture thing. In a denser cookie maybe even an oatmeal cookie I think they would be stellar.

Heres where i got the cookie recipe:
http://www.lifesambrosia.com/2010/08/chocolate-cookies-with-peanut-butter-cream-cheese-frosting-recipe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment