Monday, March 21, 2011

Summer Food Memories


Last summer I discovered brie and asparagus. Actually I found them together.
I spent the past summer in Italy and let me tell you, that was one food adventure! Pizza, wine, cheese, gelato, paninis, even squid ink. I was on a mission to eat delicious meals and try new food along the way. Well one night a couple of friends and I wandered the street until we found a little family restaurant on the side of a piazza. That night the special was grilled vegetables with brie. Doesn't sound like that special of a dish but I had never really had brie so I thought it would be worth a try. One of the best meals of the summer! The vegetables, including asparagus, were fresh and grilled to perfection and the warm brie complemented it so well. The point is that since that meal, asparagus and brie have been introduced into my diet.

Well tonight I decided to pay an homage to the past summer. I made a brie and elderberry jam grilled cheese with a side of sauteed asparagus. Simple but full of wonderful memories.

My meal in Florence:

No comments:

Post a Comment