Sunday, March 6, 2011

Good Food in Sketch PLaces

So it's the start of spring break, let the eating begin!

First food experience: Temel
We (well mostly me) wanted to try a new restaurant near my house. Thanks to google, we found Temel a "European-Mediterranean" place. When we drove up, it looked a little sketchy at first. Not only was it in a strip mall, but it was next to "Poodle Palace." Luckily, inside it was a lot nicer.

For appetizers we split phylo dough cigars stuffed with feta and spices. I thought it would be simple and a little boring, but it was delicious! It was salty and full of flavor. Next food experiment?

(Oh and look at the salt and pepper shakers!)


Next, I tried a Rocege (spelling?) greek wine which was pretty good, mellow and didn't compete with any of my food. My main meal was stuffed zuchini with lamb. Honestly, it tasted like chile reƱenos too me. Not as exotic and different as I wanted it to be, but still good.


Kelley was excited to order the swordfish, unfortunately they didn't have it that night. She ended up ordering a chicken pizza "boat." I'm not a chicken pizza girl but hers was actually good, I think it was the tomatoes, it cut through the richness nicely.

Andrea got food too, but she ate it too fast... We couldn't get a picture.



And this is only the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment