Monday, February 28, 2011

Rustic Bagels

(photo by kelley)

I have been wanting to make something bread-like for a long time and just have never gotten around to it. This week we had an extra pack of cream cheese in the fridge so i decided to make bagels!

I thought i was going to whip up the dough early afternoon, let it rise and then back. Little did i know they are incredibly labor intensive. It took hours of letting it rise, mixing new ingredients, letting it rise some more, shaping it, letting it rise some more... Then the next morning I had to boil them and THEN bake them. In the end I'm glad we made them; I think it's impressive to say you made your own bagels. Took some effort and they look a little rustic, but I think they still taste pretty good. (although they were supposed to be cinnamon and you can't really taste it)

here's the recipe:
http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2009/06/01/bba-cinnamon-raisin-bagels/

No comments:

Post a Comment