Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Weekend food


I've heard of a place nearby called "Pops" and their known for grilled cheese sandwiches and milkshakes. Now I've wanted to go for a long time and when my dad visited this weekend, it was the perfect opportunity. I had "The Alpine Melt." It really isn't very attractive and i wasn't impressed when I saw it but it was amazing. It was gruyere and swiss cheese with roasted garlic, rosemary dressing and grapes... yes grapes. That would never have been my first choice in a grilled cheese but it worked perfectly, it was fresh and tart and it complemented the rich, herb-y sandwich. Definitely going to try this at home!

For a Valentine's Day treat, I made lemon cupcakes. I cheated a little and used box lemon cake mix and added red food coloring, Then made lemon cream cheese frosting. Since they were mini, over 70 were made. Had to give a lot away and may have eaten a few more than I should have...

No comments:

Post a Comment