Monday, January 2, 2012

PUPUSAS!!!


Today I was driving around Tegucigalpa (Honduras) with my two cousins trying to figure out what to eat for lunch but none of the suggestions were really calling my name. However, the second pupusas were suggested I may have gotten a tad too excited and yelled my approval a little too loudly. Pupusas are basically fat tortillas with cheese and other goodies stuffed inside and topped with a sour cabbage slaw like salad thing. For all of you who have never tried them, well you should and when you do pick the one with all the burnt cheese. That may sound a little weird but trust me the best part is the crunchy, salty goodness that leaks out of pupusas (I meant that to sound yummier than that just sounded but please just take my word and do it). Oh I also tried Honduran beer, it basically tasted like a more bitter version of Corona or maybe that was because I added lemon and salt....

No comments:

Post a Comment