Saturday, December 31, 2011

The McDonalds of my people

Pollo Campero is THE fast food place of El Salvador (actually I think it started in Guatemala and technically I ate this in Honduras but those are just details). I have so many memories connected to this fried chicken; picnics, airplanes that smell of chicken because people are bringing family members in the states food, and high school saturday nights eating chicken and watching movies with friends (yes we were cool like that).


Of course I had to relive the memories and had the nuggets, fries, and horchata (a typical drink that kinda tastes like sweatt, cold chai). I realize it doesn't look all that appetizing, but the chicken is perfect and you can't put a price on memories.

p.s. sorry I haven't actually been cooking recently but I've been traveling, but I have big plans for when I get home, get ready! and have a wonderful new year, see you in 2012 dawgz, peace

No comments:

Post a Comment