Thursday, December 15, 2011

Luna

These two weeks I am visiting my mom in Colombia and I want to go back and visit some of my favorite restaurants. First night out we went to Luna. During the summer it was one of my favs because it had Italian pizza, the real stuff that I could pretend I was back in Firenze drinking wine by the liter with all my lovely friends. Anyways, last night my mom and I went to Luna actually to try their chicken but apparently they only serve that for lunch. For appetizer we shared a classic: prosciutto and melon, brilliant combination but its better when its actual wedges of melon.


For the main dish we shared a spinach and mushroom risotto. I was craving risotto because that afternoon, I was watching Nigella (in Colombia instead of food netwrok I watch FoxLife which has all british cooking shows) and she made squid ink risotto. I've already had the whole squid ink thing which I recommend just for the fun of your tongue turning black.


The one we ordered wasn't too special, it was just kinda salty, didn't taste very much spinach or mushroom flavor. My new culinary goal is to make amazing risotto. I tried once but got a little too carried away with the cheese.... sorry Kelley you had to eat it. At least it wasn't as bad as when I tried to make Indian food from scratch at home which was either unidentifiable or it morphed into Mexican. Italian seems more attainable, I'll keep you all posted on the experimentation.

Oh and the blue glow is Christmas lights on the sidewalks, didn't get a chance to take pics because it was pouring rain and I may have been a tad lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment