Thursday, December 15, 2011

Zucchini "Noodles"

This break I'm trying to experiment and cook new things. Already committed to attempting risotto, also want to start making homemade versions of candy bars. I've always wanted to make a homemade baguette maybe thats next?

Today for lunch I made zucchini "noodles" which I've seen on several food blogs. Sometimes they're cut into actual strings like spaghetti other times cut in ribbons, sometimes blanched other times raw. So my version is a combination of all the recipes I've seen. The zucchini was cut into ribbons because it was just easy to do with a vegetable peeler, you just peel around and throw out the core with the seeds. Then I heated up sun dried tomatoes in their oil, plus garlic and basil took it off the heat and tossed the zucchini strips in the hot oil. Finally topped it all off with parmesan cheese.


I am now in love with this dish, its light but full of flavor from the sun dried tomatoes and the zucchini still had a bite to it (I cannot stand mushy zucchini and its often so hard to find that perfect balance between textures). I had it for lunch but its better suited as a side dish, maybe for steak?

No comments:

Post a Comment