Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Breakfast of Champions


I've been waiting to make this for a long time. Well actually I saw this recipe is Food and Wine and forgot about it until now. Its a bed of roasted tomatoes, garlic, onions, and orgenano with two eggs ontop and then sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Its all baked in the oven for 15 min ish. We didn't have any oven safe dishes so I had to use a pie pan. Not exactly dainty, but it served its purpose.

Its was sooo good. Now I'm not a huge fan of eggs but this blew me away! This is an "impress people with different cooking techniques" dish, but I would advise using better looking cookware. Most people aren't impressed when forced to eat out of a pie pan.

For those who want the actual recipe
http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/eggs-baked-in-roasted-tomato-sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment