Monday, January 17, 2011

Trip Down Memory Lane


During my brief visit to El Salvador I re-fell in love with orejas (I think they are called elephant ears in English). They are simple, flaky, sweet and perfect for a coffee time treat. It would be great if I could make them but I'm afraid they seem a little labor intensive. Maybe one day when I'm extremely bored and have nor more shows to watch.

Anyways, this particular coffee time treat I didn't actually have coffee. It was one of my last days and I was feeling a little nostalgic so I ordered horchata. It's a milky drink that I think is based of some grain and then is flavored with spices and sugar. It's good but I feel it can be a little rich so I have to be in the mood to drink it. If you have the chance try it, its different but not enough to scare anyone away. Well at the end of snack time, I admit I may have slipped into a sugar coma, but like most food induced comas, it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment