Tuesday, January 18, 2011

First (real) Meal


Last night was the first night of actual cooking in the apt this semester. I wanted to make risotto and like most times i kinda read a couple of recipes and then combined them and did it my way. Surprisingly, it was actually very good. It took a little longer than i thought it would, but i"m afraid i put in too much Parmesan in the end. My makeshift recipe was rice: broth 1:4 parts (we didnt have any white wine so it was just broth but wine would make a great contribution, i can sense it) and added zucchini, onions, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes. The last touch was mixing in some cheese and that was it.This is a progress shot because I didn't get a very good picture of the end result.

For dessert I broke out the ice cream maker. Yes ladies and gentlemen, I now have an ice cream maker. Let the experiments begin!
Although I am planning to make basil ice cream at some point, for the first go, I decided to make a classic. Espresso chocolate chip. Fortunately, Kelley has an ice cream maker at home so it went on without a hitch. It was creamy, intense, and oh so good.
I know this looks weird, but that why I like the photo. Just a giant bowl of ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment