Friday, January 14, 2011

Salads

It’s a new year and like almost everyone, I have some new goals for the year. One of them is to commit more to this blog. I admit I was a little lazy towards the end of last year, but that’s why new years are so great, a clean slate! I plan to experiment more with food and also share other people’s food that I enjoy. So I start with a renewed sense of passion for cooking and blogging

One of the last days in El Salvador I went out to restaurant called Sal & Pimienta (salt & pepper). It’s a little restaurant with simple, good quality food. Now I don’t often have wine with lunch but I was in the mood so I ordered a glass of white wine. It was chilled and crisp and perfectly complemented the light lunch. It was a great idea, if I do say so myself. The first star of the meal was the dip that came with pita chips as an appetizer. It was a multilayer dip with sundried tomato pesto, basil pesto, and a couple of creamcheese-esqu dips. Sundried tomatoes make any dish amazing for me so maybe I’m a little biased, but it was delicious, rich and a perfect start to our meal. For the main course my friend and I both ordered salads. Mine was a salad with grilled chicken breast, thinly sliced apples, blue cheese, and red onions on a bed of lettuce. However, there was a special little ingredient that transformed this salad from good to amazing; candied almonds. The crunch and slight sweetness complemented everything perfectly and no one could stop me from eating that delicious salad.

Well that post was a tad longer than the others one have been, maybe I’m a little excited with the new year but I think that’s good Hope you all enjoy and Ill be back soon with more food!

No comments:

Post a Comment